Scoular Sucks Customer Reviews and Feedback

From Everything.Sucks

Scoular, formally The Scoular Company, is a corporation based in Omaha, Nebraska dedicated to the buying, selling, storage, handling, transportation, and processing of grain and food ingredients. The company was founded in 1892 by George Scoular and was owned by the Scoular family until its purchase in 1967 by Omaha businessman Marshall Faith, who served as CEO for the next 23 years. At the time of Faith's purchase Scoular had 10 employees and operated three grain elevators, but grew considerably over subsequent decades and is one of the largest grain storage and handling companies in North America.


Tell the world why Scoular sucks!

I certify that this review is based on my own experiece and is my opinion of this person or business. I have not been offered any incentive or payment to write this review.


Enter Code

Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) says

"Not my favorite, not treated fairly by my manager and co-worker. Cons: stressful"

Foreman/Laborer (Former Employee) says

"Advice to management: Listen to your employees, dont bring family in as employees, follow HR guidelines. Listen to your customers, and their suggestions. Cons: Poor Management, no communication"

mainenance/welder/fabercator (Former Employee) says

"if you looking for a place to feel under appreciated and under paid look no farther. The Scoular Co is not a place I would ever recommend nor would I ever return to work there."

Merchandiser (Former Employee) says

"Middle management is the worst I have ever witnessed. It's a pyramid of displacing blame all the way down. Some groups are better than others, some are horrible. Cons: The company is a revolving door. About a 25% chance you get in with a good group, 75% chance you board a sinking ship."

Operations Manager (Former Employee) says

"had to work very long hours, and weekends, holidays. It is hard to manage work and family with this job."

Merchandiser II (Current Employee) says

"If you can play the good old boy system you can advance and have opportunities. If you come in under the BMT program you have a leg up. If you walk on so to speak you are stuck at the level unless you were hired by and related to the good old boy system. Slow changes with new CEO but still growth and ops and just are not there if you don't come in under the management training system. Cons: No upward chance if not hired into the BMT program."

Operations Lead (Former Employee) says

"Enjoyed my three plus year with the company. The only reason I decided to leave was because of a new manager that was brought in, and I didn't like the direction the location was going. Cons: No home life"